*this page is subject to change- please check back a few days before the Summit
When packing your gear, keep in mind that the accommodations at Camp Manitou are sparse (bunks) and dorms are shared with other Summit participants.
The following list details the essential items to bring with you. You can use this as a checklist for packing:
- Sleeping bag and pillow.
- A warm coat – essential to ward off chilly nights or a windy day. Also bring a heavy sweater or a fleece jacket.
- Rain gear – a raincoat and rain pants, and if possible rain boots and a hat. Workshops are outside- even when it is raining!
- Shirts and jeans or other comfortable clothes for outdoor activities.
- Hiking boots or running shoes – essential for outdoor activities. The trails may be wet and slippery, so bring shoes/boots that can be worn for outdoors only. Bring several pairs of socks in case yours get wet.
- Indoor shoes/slippers – for alternative activities you may want to bring indoor shoes.
- Toiletries – towel, facecloth, biodegradable shampoo/soap, toothbrush, toothpaste. Since shower space is limited, participants will be encouraged to wait to shower until they return home, however this is a choice and will not be enforced.
- Flashlight – make sure you have fresh batteries!
- Hat – essential for hot days and perhaps to keep your head dry.
- Gloves and neck warmer – we all know that September weather can be tenuous. Be prepared and pack some warm stuff.
- Sunscreen and mosquito repellent – September in Winnipeg means there will likely be mosquitoes. Don’t forget this or you’ll be slapping!
- Your camera – feel free to take pictures all weekend!
- Yoga Mat or a towel- if you are in the yoga workshop
- Lawn Chair or a mat to sit on around the campfire or in your workshop
- Sweets/Soda Pop/Snacks-bring anything you might want to eat between meals. Beverages at meal-time are mainly water, coffee, tea and sometimes juice.
- Spending money. In case you’d like to buy a Nature Summit shirt, or something from one of the presenters or resource fair tables. There is not a bank machine on site.
- Re-usable coffee mug/water bottle- cuz we have this thing for saving the earth…
- Scrapbooks/photos for sharing your accomplishments/projects etc.
- Musical instruments, song books and head lamps for jamming by the campfire!
- Accommodations are bunk style. Depending on your registration request you will either bunk with your chosen room mates or you will be assigned to a room. We will do our best to ensure that all choices are honoured. As a reminder, please be a gracious room mate. Loud or boisterous activity will not be permitted (unless everyone agrees).
You must be logged in to post a comment.